Why We Exist
At the Trust Company of Tennessee, we believe everyone can live confidently and reach their financial goals. Would you like to be part of a team that works with individuals, businesses, and foundations to identify what success looks like and formulate a plan to get there? Come join our team of Wealth Management, Trust, Estate Administration, and Corporate Retirement Plan professionals who proudly help clients achieve their dreams.
Job Title: RPS Daily Operations Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Approved By: Chief Operating Officer
Classification: Full Time – Exempt
This position may be eligible for remote work.
The Retirement Plan Services Daily Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the Retirement Plan Services Operations team and daily plan recordkeeping. This position is responsible for implementing new processes to improve efficiencies while delivering The Trust Company’s client promise.
- Shows a commitment to The Trust Company’s Mission and Core Values.
- Supervises the RPS Operations Specialist team.
- Becomes part of leadership responsible for leading new service delivery initiatives for RPS.
- Acts as internal point of contact for all inquiries and troubleshooting, consistently providing a high level of service and problem resolution.
- Works closely with other departments to improve workflows, processes, and efficiencies.
- Creates, maintains, communicates, and trains on department’s policies and procedures.
- Manages and maintains recordkeeping system and works closely with system vendor on enhancements/issues.
- Implements new retirement plans and updates plan specifications according to adoption agreement provisions including subsequent amendments.
- Implements plan conversions and de-conversions, plan terminations, fund changes, model realignment and/or model allocation changes.
- Performs QDRO calculations.
- Produces, maintains, and facilitates annual 404(a)(5) participant fee disclosures.
- Creates and maintains STP jobs and task scheduler for automation between recordkeeping system and internal network file structure.
- Responsible for upkeep of Plan Sponsor Web and Participant Web.
- Fulfills custom report requests using Crystal.
- Reviews and makes corrections to Forms 1099Rs.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math or Business field
- Five years of experience in retirement plan recordkeeping
- Five years of experience supervising a team
- Experience with Relius Administration
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to work at a fast pace with multiple projects at once
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of retirement plan operations
- Outstanding customer-service skills